With scriptures to anchor and reassure us, we, too, can “look unto God … and he will console [us] in [our] afflictions” (Jacob 3:1).
We, too, can be “supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, … he will still deliver [us]” (Alma 36:3, 27).
For the Lord has said: “I will be in your midst” (D&C 49:27). “I will lead you along” (D&C 78:18).
Furthermore, God will give us priceless, personal assurances through the Holy Ghost (see John 14:26; D&C 36:2). Whether in tranquil or turbulent times, our best source of comfort is the Comforter.Therefore, we can be troubled on every side, but nothing can really separate us from the love of Christ (2 Cor. 4:8; Rom. 8:35–39); worldly anxieties are not part of being “anxiously engaged” (D&C 58:27). Even so, as Peter urged, we can and should cast our cares upon the Lord, because He surely cares for us! ( 1 Pet. 5:7).
great blog Autumn. I didn't even know you had this. You are amazing.
ReplyDelete